Monday, March 26, 2012

Prom Cuteness

I was already asleep when Lyndsay came into my bedroom. "Mom! Mom! Come here! Look out my bedroom window!" I got up in a sleepy stagger, wondering what on earth was wrong, a little panicked. "No, no, it's nothing bad. Jose asked me to prom! Look!" And when I looked through her window, I saw the driveway, all aglow with fire, questioning my sweet girl,

So cute! She was in bed when Jose texted her and told her to look out her window. She was delighted, which thrilled me, of course. This is for LDS Prom, which is this year being held at the California Science Center at the end of next month. Jose is not a member of our Church, but he's a really good friend and Lyndsay wanted to go with him. He agreed, and that was that, so when he made this sweet gesture, it really caught Lyns by surprise.

Lyndsay's friend, Kristen (who is also friends with Jose at school) is the one who helped Jose set the whole thing up to surprise Lyndsay. I'm really grateful to her for helping make Lyns feels so special. The dozen roses was a nice touch too.

So, there we all were, at almost midnight, giggling and happy over the cuteness of the whole thing. This is Lyndsay's last prom, and Kristen wanted it to be extra special for her. (Thank you, Kristen!) It was especially funny when the neighbor that we share the driveway with poked her head out the door to see what was going on. I apologized in case we'd woken her, but she said, no, she wasn't asleep. She'd just walked by the window and seen all this fire in the driveway. Then she came back out to take a picture herself! The happiness was contagious!

So a few days later, to officially give Jose an answer, Lyndsay ordered a pizza, uncut, with the word YES written on it in pepperoni and olives. She drove over to his house with it, knocked on the door and said, "Special delivery for Jose!"

I guess the Prom is on! I love it when my kids are happy.

1 comment:

Luisa Perkins said...

SO AWESOME! This makes me very happy. Jose is darling, and they will have a great time!