Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day

Blogger is being a pain today. It took me an hour to get these pictures uploaded, so I'm quitting and will just post what I have here before Valentine's Day is over! I do love this holiday, second only to Christmas. Even if it's not filled with romance, I love a day dedicated to love.

Of course, we had to do the Valentine workshop and make a little something for friends. Conor chose this Caped Cute-Sader from this month's Family Fun magazine. (Thank you, FF!)
But let me just say that I never want to cut out another teeny-tiny mask again.

It's near impossible to get a normal picture of Conor. So, we're going with complete silliness. What a pill he is in front of a camera!

Lyndsay found an owl idea on Family Fun's website, so she made up a batch of those for friends at school. Kind of fitting for a senior to give too, "I'll Owl-ways be your friend."



Here was our Valentine's breakfast this morning: Pink waffles with strawberries and whipped cream. And late last night I wrote a love note to each of the kids for them to read with breakfast. It was a teary night, you can imagine, especially as I wrote Lyndsay's. Next Valentine's Day, we'll be sending her a care package at college.

Here we are out of order. Sorry about that. Again, I was having such a time with Blogger this morning. But yesterday I made this cake for our Family Home Evening treat. A throw-back to the cakes my mom used to make. It's red velvet with cream cheese frosting.

We had a nice roasted chicken and roasted potatoes dinner and then for our activity, we did a family Heart Attack. The only good kind of heart attack! We wrote things that we love about each other on paper hearts, read them out loud to each other, and then taped them up all over the living room. It feels really fun with all the love on the walls.

Some of the things the kids wrote are pretty cute, too.





Then we cut into the cake. My sweet Valentines!


Happy Valentine's Day to you! Love somebody!

3 comments:

jennifer lane said...

valentine's day is my favorite too! looks like you all had a wonderful day xoxo

Saint Holiday said...

I need to come back to your home. I miss you all too much! I love you. Save me some waffles and cakes!

Luisa Perkins said...

I loved seeing your Heart Attack in person!