Tuesday, February 2, 2010

This Morning

After dropping the kids off at school, I hustled myself out the door for a brisk walk. When I came home and checked on my seedlings, I noticed that the cherry tomatoes, the green tomatoes, and the Romas are all up! Also the spinach. So cute!

With my endorphins flowing freely, I set up Conor's easel in the kitchen and let him have at it while I baked cookies and sang loudly along with the Wicked! soundtrack.

The cookies are Caramel Cashew Cookies--love it when we can make cookies with nuts that are not forbidden due to Conor's allergies. These will be yummy when the kids get home from school. And I only had three. They're small.

Conor played Legos. Actually, he just likes to unassemble "good guys" and reassemble "bad guys". He brings me bodies and asks for their heads off, or their "toes" off, because they would make perfect bad guy heads and toes. Then he brings me capes and shirts and bad guy hats. Why always the bad guy? Adam is convinced it's because the bad guys always have better costumes.

In between decapitating good guys and adding swords to bad guys, I paid some bills. One of my favorite things to do.


And then, with cookies cooling, we read some stories, and Conor sacked out for his nap. What a lucky kid.

Now I've got 45 minutes to either wash the dishes or finish a very good book before piano students arrive. Hmmmmm. . .let me think. . .

5 comments:

Luisa Perkins said...

What book, what book?

Misty said...

seriously- paying bills is fun for you?

you are such a great mom!

amber Watt said...

what a fun day for Connor! I love that boy!

YogaNana said...

Looks like a perfect day!

The Residents of the 600 Square Foot Home said...

My son Espen is the same way with Lego's, too funny. :)